Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My brain is like a sieve. Or a young Skywalker. Whatever.

PDM and I were both starving when we got home from work, so we decided to go out to the pub and have some wings and drinks. We hung out there for a while and went to a nearby restaurant for dinner. It is owned by a friend of ours and several of the menu items are outstanding. It had been a while since I ordered my favorite dish there - lobster ravioli. Since we had already had some buffalo wings at the pub, my plan was to eat all of the salad and half of the main course, and then pack up the rest for tomorrow's lunch.

I've gotta tell you, the lobster ravioli is succulent lobstery goodness in a rich, creamy brandy sauce. It is won-der-ful. I could have easily consumed it all. It took an act of willpower to leave half of it in the bowl. As we pay the bill, I carefully transfer the rest of the meal into my to-go box. And then promptly walk out and leave it on the table. ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! I discover this when we are 90% of the way home, and no doubt the box is probably in the trash. No point in going back to retrieve it. Nope. I blew it. The reason I am so mad at myself is that I do this kind of thing all the frelling time!!

Are all of my neurons so completely occupied with other things that none can be spared for, say, maintaining at least a tenuous grasp on the here and now? It's like Luke Skywalker before his Jedi training - ("Never his mind on where he was. Hmmm? What he was doing. Hmpf.") - except instead of impatience, I have CRS disease. And maybe a touch of blonde roots.

4 comments:

LL said...

I know not of what you speak... :innocent:

Maybe you should cry with PinTA, she's hot for those old guys, so I'm sure she's had more than a little experience with early senility...

NYPinTA said...

*sigh* HE'S NOT OLD!

I hate it when I leave my leftovers. I did that once at this restaurant that makes the best shrimp scampi. I wanted to cry.

fakies said...

I never have to worry about leaving leftovers behind. I'm afraid I'm one of those girls that make all the anorexics at the table gasp in horror and cover their eyes at the sight of me devouring a chicken carcass. :P

However, I make up for that by leaving everything else in the restaurant - sunglasses, purse, coat, etc.

Anonymous said...

No plug for the restaurant? And where was PDM when you were packaging and then leaving behind succulent goodness? Ah well we have all been there...leaving something behind...like my wallet at the gas station on the four hour drive to Atlanta :(