Friday, July 14, 2006

Cats Love Monitors

Joining the Friday CatBlogging craze...



Zima misses my old-style CRT monitor... From a cat's perspective there is a lot to like about them: they are warm, elevated, comfortable, and their human stares at it a lot. As with book-sitting and newspaper-napping, there is ample opportunity to obstruct viewing, and isn't that the cat's ultimate goal? Seems like there was always a tail or a paw hanging down blocking something crucial.

When I moved a couple of years ago, I took the cat with me, but left the big hulking CRT monitor behind. Got myself a shiny new LCD flat screen. Zima took this as a challenge and tried very hard to balance on top of the LCD monitor, but ran into an ugly truth: Flat screen displays make lousy cat perches. Did this stop her from being a pain in the ass? Oh no. Cats are adaptable. Now she walks back and forth in front of the LCD monitor depositing little white cat hairs on it, and if I'm really lucky she'll decide to plop down on the keyboard. While I'm using it.

4 comments:

LL said...

Good stuff fermi. Well, that is everything that isn't cat related is good, but the rest... :ewink:

fermicat said...

I re-edited today's all-cat post. It needed some streamlining. It's still all about the cat, but only one image and some (hopefully) amusing musings about it.

Glad you liked the other stuff!

NYPinTA said...

My cat does the SAME THING! It drives me nuts!! LOL.

fakies said...

I don't even bother using my computer at home. My beast has to be right up in my face, lying on the paper, yowling, etc. I can only teach him flying lessons so many times in one day. :P