Thursday, November 02, 2006

Work, A Wreck, and New Links

The new work assignments and schedule are kicking my ass this week. I hope it gets better when things settle out. Part of it is me -- I like to be really on top of things, and the stuff that got assigned to me was a little behind because the people who were doing these things before had too much on their plates. A lot of the work was catch up work. Once I get things squared away, it should be less hectic. I think.

I got rear ended on my way to work this morning. Apparently the other driver had no idea I would stop for a yellow light and was caught off guard. I was going to be turning right, which I can do on red, so I stopped to let the car coming the other direction take a left in front of me before the light turned red and left him stranded in the middle of the intersection. See what happens when you try to do the right thing? Your bumper gets all messed up and you have to sit around waiting thirty minutes for a cop to show up and write up an accident report. Then you're late for work.

I've added a few friends from SciFi Straight Dope to the blogroll, so check 'em out if you're looking for something new to read. They're sandwiched between the Surf Report and Whedonesque.

4 comments:

Beth said...

The rearending sucks, but I'm glad you're okay.

I had some dork pull in front of me and I was turning left onto my road. To avoid hitting the jackass, I had to heavily push my brake and a brand new piping hot cup of joe went flying all over the interior of my new truck. All he did was wave and continue on into the WRONG lane of traffic.

Goshdarn, I seriously almost turned around and smashed into him with my vehicle. My truck still smells like coffee breath. I'm still ticked at this dork as well.

I have issues, let's face it.

wa11z said...

I almost got drilled by a semi pulling a backhoe on Monday because he decided that he didn't need to look in his blind spot to see if another car was there before he switched lanes. I layed down on the horn and slowed down and he got over. I'm pretty sure I escaped imminent death.

fermicat said...

Just last night, I was at a red light and when the light changed, I started to pull out and then had to slam on my brakes because some idiot blew through his red light at full speed. The asshat didn't even slow down, didn't seem to notice that the cars in the other lane had stopped, and didn't see that a car (mine) had already pulled into the intersection. Where is a cop when you need one?

fakies said...

The world would be a much better place if everyone drove like me. :P