Monday, November 20, 2006

Explain this to me

We broke the glass dish from our microwave this morning and I looked at several sources on the internet to find a replacement. What I found defies logic.

Average cost of replacement dish: $50

Average starting cost of a similar-sized, brand-new microwave: $50

Grrrrrr. So after work, I get to go to the frelling store to buy a whole new microwave, because I am NOT going to pay $50 for a stupid piece of molded glass. If you built a microwave oven from scratch using replacement parts, it would cost you more than $1000! Bastards. And because of this little experience, I will NOT be buying another GE model.

3 comments:

LL said...

It's a throw-away world my dear...

Anonymous said...

Try Target. I got one there a couple of years ago for +/- $15.00.

Beth said...

So true on the replacement parts. It's the same way with a computer. With what I could have purchased for parts for my main CPU, I just bought a new computer instead. Blargh!