Saturday, November 11, 2006

An ugly win, with benefits and lots of leaves

Our not-so-glorious 7-0 win over the Tar Heels today clinched a berth in the ACC title game for the Yellow Jackets. It wasn't pretty, but I'll take the win over a loss any day. And U(sic)GA whalloped #5 Auburn in a surprise upset. I almost always root against the Dawgs, but it was a great win for them and should make the annual grudge match more interesting this year.

I celebrated by raking and bagging leaves in the rain until it got too wet and dark to continue. I tried out the leaf blower in the morning when the leaves were drier. It worked good in some places; less so for the monkey grass areas. Oh well. I told you that monkey grass was trouble. The leaves were falling like big orange snowflakes today, so by tomorrow it will look like we didn't do a thing. Remind me again why we wanted a big yard with trees?

5 comments:

LL said...

See? Even the trees are getting back at you for hurting the innocent Treebeard. ;)

LL said...

Oh... and the snowflakes were falling here like big snowflakes. Fortunately, I spent all day out in them...

Anonymous said...

You wanted it because it's beautiful.

TheWriteGirl said...

It really is pretty when the leaves are falling like that. Kind of magical. But then of course, we have to get ride of them. I know what you mean about the wet ones not moving. And then when they're in the street and they're wet they get really slippery.

My son's at school in North Carolina, but he's not a Tar Heels fan. He's actually not a sports fan at all. He's at NC School of the Arts in Winston-Salem. They have no sports teams there. Their mascot is the Fighting Pickle.

fermicat said...

TWG - Fighting pickle. That's funny!

And "Anonymous" = AnonyMOM in this case. Hi Mom!

LL - And I am so not ready for snow. But I don't have to be, because I live in Georgia now. Where it snows maybe once a year, and we all get to stay home from work. In January, usually. Sorry about Treebeard, but look at all the cute ones you've helped kill: Aragorn, Boromir, Faramir, etc.