Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fat Cat in a Bathtub, With Water.

I wish I'd had the presence of mind to get a picture of Moxy today. Here is what happened: I took a nice, hot bath this afternoon after another hard day of yard work, because my back and hamstrings felt tight. Moxy took great interest in this event. She sat on the counter and watched for a long time, then hovered on the side of the tub and stuck her paw in a few times. I finally got out, started to drain the tub, toweled off and left the room for a minute or two. When I came back in, I didn't see the cat at first. Until I looked in the still-half-full tub, where Moxy was standing there with a dumbstruck look on her face. Just standing in the water, not freaking out, not doing much of anything! I called for PDM to come take a look. We couldn't believe she was just standing there in 3-4 inches of water and not trying to get out. I opened up the opposite side of the shower door and she immediately jumped out onto the toilet seat. I guess she just didn't want to wade around in it to get out. Did I mention that this was extremely HOT bathwater? Yeah. It was very, very hot. Crazy cat. Poor thing. But that was just weird, that she didn't try too hard to get out. I've had other cats jump in to a full tub, but they jumped back out right away. This one, she's different. I'm not sure what she was thinking, but obviously she wasn't that upset about it.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like Moxy was in shock! Haha. I had a cat who used to come in the shower with me. Mojo, my most favorite cat of all. He's in Cat Heaven now, but he didn't hate water. I bathed him a lot and he would just stand there. Not like all giddy, but not trying to claw my eyes out either.

Can I borrow the book format on your blog? I'd love to do that with mine as well. Let me know when you get a sec.

fermicat said...

Borrow away! I got the idea from Jeff Kay's The West Virginia Surf Report, so it isn't an original creation.

I'm only about a third of the way through Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. Looks like I might still be reading it in December. Blame work - I'm too tired to read more than a few pages each night.

TheWriteGirl said...

Cats! Who can figure them? My late cat Raoul used to love to hop up onto the bathroom sink and let the water run over his head. If you didn't shut it off hard, there would be this little trickle of water and he would stick his head under there. I have pictures of it. So funny!

Re: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell -- a good friend raved about it to me so I dived in. I got about a hundred pages and then sort of lost my momentum. When you're finished let's talk about it. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

TheWriteGirl said...

Cats! Who can figure them? My late cat Raoul used to love to hop up onto the bathroom sink and let the water run over his head. If you didn't shut it off hard, there would be this little trickle of water and he would stick his head under there. I have pictures of it. So funny!

Re: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell -- a good friend raved about it to me so I dived in. I got about a hundred pages and then sort of lost my momentum. When you're finished let's talk about it. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Moxy was waiting for you to get a washcloth?