Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Surfacing...

I figured I'd post more when my test was over. I didn't figure on it taking so long to get over the test. I didn't feel like going out on Friday (shocker!!) so I sent PDM to our pub alone while I took a 3 hour nap. I slept super-late on Saturday and Sunday. Had to drink tea late Saturday afternoon to get enough energy to go out, and just gave up and took a long nap on Sunday afternoon. Work has been intense lately, so it is taking longer to get back to normal. But there is a holiday weekend coming up and I am optimistic about getting back to normal with the help of that extra day off.

We have Georgia Tech football season tickets, which includes Saturday night's game versus Notre Dame. It is looking like the tailgate parties are starting around noon, so it should be an all day party! We're still debating what we should bring -- we tailgate with a good group and the food is always excellent. I hope the game ends well for us. I'm cautiously optimistic. Tech tends to play at its best against very good opponents. (And worst against the lowest of opponents, but we'll not think of that yet.) Just to get you in the mood, here are a few pictures from our game against UConn last year:

We tailgate right next to "Yellow Jacket Alley". Here is the Ramblin' Wreck making its way to Bobby Dodd Stadium at Grant Field, with mascot Buzz.

Here is the band and some cheerleaders. Yeah, I was a band geek in college. What of it?

The team comes through last and gets the biggest cheers.

The pregame show. A lot of folks are still at their tailgate parties.

3 comments:

LL said...

What should you bring to a tailgate party? Why a tailgate of course... :P

fermicat said...

Hmm. We had one of those. Ford truck. I didn't take a picture of it, though. :-)

Anonymous said...

Good grief! The Ant Hill Mob are back in town.