Friday, August 25, 2006

Too Tired to CatBlog

I'm back. That test was the shortest four hours of my life, but I think I did OK on it. Got back late last night.

Today (Thursday) was supposed to be an easy, happy day. It wasn't exactly. I slept in, because of being exhausted, and got to work late (they already knew to expect this, so it was alright). Managed to bump into a big concrete post while attempting to back into a parking spot this morning at work (and no, comments about 'women drivers' are NOT welcome, thankyouverymuch) and sort of dented my not-even-a-year-old bumper that was previously PERFECT. I'm still pissed off at myself about this, dammit. Got into work, expecting a nice easy day. But no. Not gonna happen. So I struggle through my day with the half of my brain still functioning, and there are some problems. One of which was that a procedure which requires a physicist is delayed, and delayed, and delayed again. Finally they get the necessary angiogram done for this poor patient, who has had a big metal frame thingy screwed into her skull since early in the morning. By the time they get around to this, I am the only physicist left at work, so I have to stay until they finish it. About 5:30pm, the doc gets to work on the treatment plan. I do my stuff, and one of our loyal physicists logs in from home and does the doublecheck. By the time everything has been planned, and checked, and done, I don't get to leave until around 7pm. Not exactly how I thought the day would go.

But PDM and I did have a nice time at the pub after I got back. What? You didn't think I'd come home and cook a meal after THAT kind of day, did you? I had the crawfish basket with extra remoulade sauce. It was tasty. The crawfish, not the basket. There's plenty of time for me to start cooking next week. And I won't burn the steaks like NYPinTA. ;-)

4 comments:

Beth said...

You're a physicist? In the immortal words of Eugene Levy, "You got me straight trippin', Boo."

Anonymous said...

Is "big metal frame thingy" a medical term?

fermicat said...

No, but it is more descriptive than "stereotactic head immobilization system", isn't it?

fakies said...

Ooh, I know what one of those is. My grandpa had to be in one when he broke his neck. It was incredibly cool.