Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Heat, work, study, repeat.

Quick update.

Congratulations to my friend Michelle, who took her Big Test in June and PASSED!!! They take their time grading them and sorting out the results, don't they? She waited on pins and needles for two months. She is now a Certified Medical Dosimetrist. She is one of the reasons my job is fun. And she reads my blog, so "Hi Michelle! You rock!"

It looked like we were going to get stiffed again, but then we got about 2-3 minutes of rain tonight. Whoop-dee-do. I can't say our heat wave is bothering me, since my home, office, and car are all air conditioned. I feel sorry for people who have to work outside in this. And I am very glad I don't still live in my old un-airconditioned house back in Massachusetts.

Work was absolutely crazy today. Most of the physics staff has been attending a meeting in Florida, so we had requested that the special procedures calendar be kept light. Naturally one of the doctors decided it would be a fine time to try something new and complicated. I didn't get to stop to eat lunch until 1:30, and had to stay late to (not) finish everything I was working on. We're having a major software upgrade over the weekend - from the beta version to production version of The Software That Runs Everything in the clinic. Can't wait. Last time we were working out bugs for weeks. I'm so glad they're doing this right before my big test. Because I am really looking forward to working overtime and then coming home to cram for the test. It should be better this time, but I am not optimistic.

The rest of the day was simple. Eat pizza. Study. Private lesson from PDM on circuit analysis. Unwind with wine and the last Nightmares and Dreamscapes episode. Catch up on blogs. Stay up 'til midnight to turn on soaker hoses legally.

We really live on the wild side, no? I promise more interesting updates after my test is over. I hope I'm not this boring forever.

1 comment:

MJW said...

Your posts are not boring at all.

But, if you feel that you are pressed for topics, you could do what I've done: Pick incidents from your past (childhood and/or young adulthood) and write about them in "reminiscing" form. Not only is it fun, but it is amazingly therapeutic in certain ways.

I've got a fun "reminiscing" theme for a few future entries coming up that might interest you. I've been wanting to do something like it for many years (long before there was an internet). The "research" part is taking time, though, so it will be a little while longer before I begin posting. The research part has been really interesting and maybe even therapeutic, too.