Saturday, June 30, 2007

How rusty is your 8th grade science?

Why are there so many things out there comparing adult knowledge to that of an 8th grader? What's up with that? Is there something special about the 8th grade that I don't know about (possibly because I am not smarter than an eighth grader)?

I couldn't resist giving this one a whirl:

Mingle2 Free Online Dating - Science Quiz


Dang. A- is OK I guess, but with two masters degrees and many years of postgraduate education in physics, I shouldn't have missed any of these. In my defense, the two I missed had nothing to do with physics.

9 comments:

Dave said...

Given your score, I'm not going to try. I don't need failure.

LL said...

Good job fermi. I'm glad to see that you still remember the little things. I couldn't. ;)

Beth said...

I'm so with Dave. I saw your score and was like, "Oh forget about it. I'll pretend I got a B." Haha.

Jim Donahue said...

Ugh. I am NOT revealing my score.

Kathleen said...

I sucked. So badly, there's no way I'm telling my score.

fermicat said...

Don't feel bad. I'm a science geek. I wouldn't reveal my score if it was a history test. Of course, PDM took it and got a better score than me. But we both missed the one about respiration being aerobic or anaerobic.

Anonymous said...

I, too, earned an A-. I missed the one about meteroids hurtling through space and the one about the two main functions of fruit. Oh well.

fermicat said...

Meteoroids vs. meteors was the other question I missed. Hmm. Would an asteroid become an "aster" if hurtling through our atmostphere?

fakies said...

84% here (B). But I have to admit to guessing on some. Science was never my strong suit.