Thursday, June 14, 2007

Everyone Else Is Doing It

Yes, it's another meme. But why not? They're fun. This is borrowed from kat, and beth, and trinamick.


IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...


Opening Credits: Piece of the Rock (Mother's Finest)

Waking Up
: Bell Bottom Blues (Eric Clapton)

First Day at School
: I Have The Touch (Peter Gabriel)

Falling in Love: D'Yer Mak'er (Led Zeppelin)

Fight Song: Choctaw Hayride (Alison Krauss & Union Station)

Breaking Up: Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing (Chris Isaak)

Prom: Second Hand News (Fleetwood Mac)

Mental Breakdown: Blue Sky (Allman Bros.)

Driving: Sweet Emotion (Aerosmith)

Flashback: Send Me On My Way (Rusted Root)

Getting Back Together: Cold Shot (Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble)

Wedding: If I Fall You're Going Down With Me (Dixie Chicks)

Birth of Child: Come On In My Kitchen (Robert Johnson)

Final Battle: Two Trains (Little Feat)

Death Scene: Red Rain (Peter Gabriel)

Funeral Song: Eight Piece Box (Southern Culture on the Skids)

End Credits: What It Is (Mark Knopfler)

I'm shocked that iTunes did not try to slip in some Nickel Creek.

I'm no doubt supposed to tag some of you. If you like this meme and it sounds like a fun thing to do, consider yourself tagged.

9 comments:

LL said...

Cosmic Cat? More like copy cat... ;)

"Birth of Child: Come On In My Kitchen "

How fitting.

fermicat said...

Yeah, that was a good one.

I also liked "Eight Piece Box" for the funeral song. Bizarre... unless I was dismembered. Then it would be oddly appropriate.

Jim Donahue said...

>>Wedding: If I Fall You're Going Down With Me (Dixie Chicks)

That one made me laugh.

BTW, fermicat, what's the illustration in your icon? It looks familiar.

fermicat said...

My icon is a cropped photo of this T-shirt that I have. I've seen the illustration used before in other places, but I'm not sure about the origin of it. I like the retro classic sci-fi look of it.

dr sardonicus said...

Good list. We apparently both like to wake up to Eric Clapton.

fakies said...

I like the Breaking Up song. That should have been my dad's theme song.

Posol'stvo the Medved said...

This topic sounds like fun. I'll save it for when I hit a dry spell, though.

fermicat said...

dr s - just checked out your list, and it is a good one.

trinamick - too bad "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" didn't show up at the opportune moment.

posolxstvo - welcome to my blog. Dave speaks very highly of you. I'll look forward to seeing your list.

Kathleen said...

You know I was looking to see if there was a Nickel Creek song in that list.

I had to laugh at Birth of a Child: Come on in my kitchen, too.