Sunday, June 24, 2007

Flux

Things are changing a lot at work, and it has all of us feeling uneasy and unsettled. We said goodbye to one person, a good friend, on Friday. A physicist is leaving later this summer, and we also have another physicist who will be going on maternity leave any minute now. There is sure to be a new hire (or two, or three...) to adjust to, and assignments are likely to change and change again.

I was very busy on Friday and found myself comfortably in denial about my friend's departure. It may not hit until late next week, when I'm back at the main location and things are very different. Then again, I may be too busy to deal with it this week as well - there are several things going on that are out of the ordinary and likely to take up a lot of my time. I came in and worked half a day on Saturday and still expect to work late several days this week.

But enough about all of this. How was everybody's weekend? Ours was low key. A little more low key than we had planned. We've been thinking about taking in another kitty (June is Adopt-A-Cat Month). We went to the Atlanta Humane Society on Saturday morning to look at the kittens, after getting the house all ready for a new arrival. It was tough to decide on just one, but we finally settled on this little guy:


He has to be neutered before the shelter will release him, so we couldn't take him home right away. I can't wait to see how Moxy reacts to him. I think they'll end up being buddies. Zima, not so much.

7 comments:

mr. schprock said...

That cat is obviously a killer. Keep a whip and chair handy if you're intent on allowing that monster into your home.

Natalie said...

Yay! Your adoption has made my morning. He's such a cutie! I can't wait for more baby pictures and stories. It's always so fun getting to know a new kitty, who knows what idiosyncrasies he'll come with...

fakies said...

Very cute addition to the family. Much better than a silly, hairless baby.

fermicat said...

mr s - His shelter name is "Pistol". Wonder why?

magnetbabe - so hard to choose, but I've been watching the AHS website and the other kitties we were interested in all found homes already!

trinamick - and definitely less painful.

Kelly said...

It is always hard when a friend moves on to another job. I have had a couple of friends come and go over my three years at my work.

LL said...

And here I thought you were going to keep with the physics theme and name him Flux. It would make for an interesting conversation piece.

You: "My cat, Flux..."
someone else: "Waitaminute, your cat flux?"
You: "Yes."
them: "Don't they all?"

and hilarity surely ensues.

Kathleen said...

So so cute. I've been thinking about a third cat, but haven't pulled the trigger. I won't get a kitten, however. I figure they get adopted relatively easily, so I go for the older cats, besides, kittens are too manic. I say God made kittens, puppies and babies cute so you don't kill them.