Sunday, September 10, 2006

Real life intrudes, a blowout, and a very bad cat.

I'm not worried about work anymore, because now I'm worried about Big Daddy (my grandfather). He has been in the hospital this weekend with stroke-like symptoms, but they haven't figured out what is going on with him. Everybody think good thoughts, please. I'll let you know what happens.

After spending a few hours with Big Daddy at the hospital on Saturday, we headed over to Tech for the game against Samford. It was a very different atmosphere than last week. We joined our fellow tailgaters late, scarfed down some sandwiches (but no beer, because we didn't bring our own and didn't want to be leeches), then went to the game. The team had a shaky start, going 3-and-out. But things quickly turned and the game went about like everyone expected. We pulled our starters after halftime and played a total of 69 different guys! Four quarterbacks, four tailbacks... pretty much anyone on the bench who was wearing pads got a chance to play. I started to wonder if they would start grabbing kids from the stands. We left a bit early since neither of us got much sleep the night before. Unlike the hell we encountered trying to away from campus last week, getting home was a breeze and we caught the end of the game on the radio.

Now it's Sunday afternoon and I'm still sitting around in my PJs. A nap might be in order later on. Or shopping. I haven't decided. For the past two nights, Moxy has gone on a tear and kept us awake for hours starting at around 2am. I hope this is just a phase. Please, someone tell me it is just a phase! Otherwise, it means that we have adopted Satan's spawn instead of the adorable kitten that we thought we were bringing home, and we will never get more than 1-2 hours of continuous sleep again.

So how was YOUR weekend?

4 comments:

LL said...

I'm sure it's a phase. It'll probably only last a few months... year tops. :P

How *cough* was *achoo* my *sniff* weekend? Meh... could'a been worse... I could'a had a birthday. :ewink:

Good thoughts going out to BD.

Beth said...

The weekend was all right. i worked outside for the whole thing. I lost my father a year ago today so will definitely keep BD in my thoughts.

fakies said...

Thinking good thoughts for BD.

Weekend was, well, long. You'll just have to read about it. :P

fermicat said...

They released BD from the hospital today, but they didn't find out what is causing the problem and they didn't make him any better. Useless people.