Friday, September 22, 2006

Lackluster in Limbo

Today has been a very long, slow day. With little new work calling for my attention, I was able to get completely caught up. It has been tempting to start some new projects. I have a couple in mind, but I am unwilling to expend much effort on this kind of thing until I know what my new work assignment will be. If I go through all the trouble to start up something new, I would like to be able to keep working on it longer than one week. We're still awaiting the new work schedule and location assignments that were announced two weeks ago (without any details of who and where), and we're only one week away from the start date. Word was that we were supposed to find out by the end of this week, but it is Friday afternoon at 4pm, and we have heard nothing. I don't think I'm gonna stick around holding my breath. This day has been a total downer. I prefer to be busy at work. The only time I was busy today was during lunch when I had access to one of our accelerators and was able to get a lot of testing done. The uncertainty isn't any fun and has contributed to a weird sort of vibe around this place. We're all pretty sure we won't like the new schedule, but none of us knows how bad it will really be.

I'm about to call it a day and officially enter weekend mode. I am sure that dinner at my favorite Indian restaurant and socializing with our friends at the pub will brighten my mood. Hope the rest of you have a good weekend, too.

4 comments:

LL said...

So did you have a relaxing, stress free weekend?

Hope so. ;)

fermicat said...

So far, so good! And as an added bonus I have some leftover lamb vindaloo to eat for lunch today.

LL said...

Lamb vindaloo? That sounds more like an Indian name than a meal... :P

fermicat said...

I didn't know what vindaloo was until I watched the BBC series Red Dwarf (which is hilarious). Once I heard Dave Lister go on about it, I had to try it. It is spicy and curry-licious!