Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Home Stretch

The test is looming in the very near future - Saturday morning, bright and early. The long, hot, miserable summer of study is almost over and I am spending the home stretch at home. I've taken a few days off work for last minute studying.

The plan is to study hard today and tomorrow, and then try to relax on Friday. So far, so good. I covered a lot of ground today and am taking practice tests tonight. It will be hard not to cross over into full on freakout mode by Friday, but I have all that herbal tea to help me. Ha ha. I'm looking forward to things getting back to normal. You know... when I can pound some drinks other than herbal tea.

12 comments:

Jeni said...

Think positive thoughts! Saturday night is just around the bend and you can "pound" away then!

TheWriteGirl said...

Normal? What's that? But seriously, reward yourself well for a herculean effort.

wa11z said...

I say stay up all night the night before the test drinking tequila.

fermicat said...

jeni - it has been a weird sort of week.

writegirl - I definitely plan to party.

wa11z - um, no.

LL said...

Been there Wa11z... usually doesn't help much.

I was going to post something incredibly mean... but I decided not to due to the importance of the event. I'll tell you what it was later. :P

Kathleen said...

Good luck on Saturday and try not to freak out too much tomorrow. Go out for a walk or something like that and definitel yignore wa11z's suggestion of tequila imbibing!

Kathleen said...

And ignore my lack of typing ability, please....

fermicat said...

LL - thanks for not being mean. Mean people suck.

Kat - thanks. Are you sure you didn't take wa11z's advice yourself? ;-)

Dianne said...

Hopefully the weather tomorrow will be wonderful and you can hang on the deck with the cats

or take a walk

or watch some mindless TV on the deck

I already put a post-it on my PC to send out extra strong good vibes for you on Saturday

Natalie said...

Fer-mi! Fer-mi!

I wish I could be at the finish line holding out an ice cold beer for you!

fermicat said...

dianne - I probably won't be able to stop myself from doing some last minute review. But I am thinking that some mindless TV would be a good thing to try also.

magnetbabe - me, too! PDM and I are going to a cookout Saturday afternoon. I'm sure there will be a beer or two there.

Jenn said...

you go girl, you go girl, you go get that doctorate... (((HUGS))) and best wishes!