Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Not The Same, But Still Funny

I stayed up late last night to watch The Daily Show and Colbert Report. Or "A Daily Show", as Stewart renamed the interim writer-free shows. Both shows were different than they were before the strike. Stripped down, for one thing. But what I like the most about them was still there, only more of it - the opening monologues and the interviews. I enjoyed seeing Andrew Sullivan on Colbert, but laughed more during Jon Stewart's monologue (or "improv" opening statement, or whatever we should call it when it technically cannot be scripted in advance - even by Colbert or Stewart). Although Colbert did note that Stewart's monologue (or whatever) seemed alarmingly well prepared:



I've missed these shows, especially The/A Daily Show, and am glad they are back because there is so much to poke fun at. If you missed it, Stewart's bit on the Writers' Strike was hilarious!

6 comments:

Jeni said...

Funny you should mention Jon Stewart's show - was just watching it here about an hour ago and he was cracking on the candidates as it would seem they are all "agents of change." Too funny! Love that show and also the Colbert Report as well.

fermicat said...

I stayed up and watched these shows again last night. I've missed those guys.

TheWriteGirl said...

I missed them too! It was really fun to see them. The beard was hysterical.

LL said...

I've never cared much for Stewart's humour. I do kinda get a kick out of Colbert though...

Kathleen said...

Friends of mine have talked about these shows for years and I finally started DVRing them. I like Stewart more than Colbert, but both shows make me laugh out loud while imparting important information.

fermicat said...

Interesting how people tend to prefer one over the other. Maybe there is a future post in that somewhere...