Thursday, January 03, 2008

If Rupert Murdoch Owned The Weather Channel

I saw in today's news that The Weather Channel may be for sale. What would happen if Rupert Murdoch's News Corp buys it? Here are just a few of the changes you could expect:

1. Red states consistently given rosier forecasts than blue states.
2. Hurricane coverage eliminated due to confusion about “No Spin Zone”.
3. Local traffic will continue to be covered on the eights, but “obstruction tactics of Democrats” will be listed as the cause for each jam.
4. O'Reilly to interview disaster victims and yell at them for not evacuating.
5. Every report on snow or ice to include mandatory joke about global warming.

Yes, it was a slow day at work today. Why do you ask?

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Ha ha, you're pretty clever! Hope you and PDM and kitties have a happy new year!
PS - Go Barack!

fermicat said...

Barack rocks!!

Jeni said...

I see I don't have to ask for your take on the caucus in Iowa do I? Gotta agree with both of you on Barack too. And, as to the cold -it's mucho better overall but as you said about yourself, for me, it's the darned cough that's the killer item. I tell myself every time I get a cold that I'm gonna quit the nicotine and yet...much easier said than done.

Dave said...

Maybe Rupert should be President. He gets things done, doesn't let accuracy get in his way, he controls the media here and abroad, no more "Bushisms" and other negative reporting about his administration.

LL said...

Sorry Dave... He's Australian.

fermicat said...

dave - hoo boy, if the president could actually get things done, these elections would be really important.

ll - if they let a foreigner be president, I am guessing it will be Arnold, not Rupert.

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is awfully political for the likes of Fermicat!

Kathleen said...

You're funny, young woman.

fermicat said...

younameit - I have strong political opinions, but do not usually choose to air them out on the blog (bitching about Georgia's blue laws excepted). There are a lot of political bloggers that do it better than I ever could. Two of my favorites are in my sidebar. This is a place for fun and friends.

kat - I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.

Dave said...

OK, he could do the Henry Kissinger thing. And, I'm embarrassed not to have remembered.