Saturday, August 11, 2007

Good Times, Good Timing

We had a great time in San Diego for our vacation. As an added bonus, it looks like we missed the worst of the heat wave, although we're catching the tail end of it. The weather on the coast of southern California was damned near perfect every day - highs in the 70s and lows in the 60s, with a nice, cool ocean breeze. Coming back to Atlanta was like stepping off the plane into an oven. It is currently 87F at 12:45 am for cryin' out loud. That feels pretty hot after a week of SoCal beach weather. I broke a sweat just going to the mailbox and back. Whew.

The cats are pretty wound up. We're playing with them like crazy, trying to wear them out. It is OK because we're still on west coast time. Even after traveling all day, a delayed flight, an absolutely horrid subway ride back to our side of town, and wine and a plate of "loaded fries" at the pub, I am not sleepy yet. And neither are the cats.

I'll catch up with everybody in the next few days.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose you are now considering spending lots of time job hunting online in the San Diego area. Right? Ha? Actually, I wouldn't blame you if you did. Your description of the temperatures there match perfectly with my own memories of that locale. Besides, San Diego cannot be any more crowded than Atlanta, anyway.

I hope you had tons of fun on your trip and then again playing with your cats once you got home.

LL said...

Glad you had fun, my dear...

dr sardonicus said...

Glad to hear ya had fun.

This is only a temporary break from the heat. By the middle of next week it may be even hotter than last week was.

fermicat said...

younameit - nah, I prefer Atlanta for regular living. SD is beautiful, but this is home.

ll - thanks, we had a great break from the ordinary routine.

dr s - argh. I hope you're wrong, but it sounds quite plausible.

Natalie said...

I sure hope you aren't back at work quite yet. Glad you had a fun time! Pictures?

fermicat said...

magnetbabe - I was into work bright and early this morning. (Had to alter my schedule to avoid the "first day of school" traffic.)

Pictures? Too many to post here! I'm slowly downloading the better ones to my Flickr photostream and organizing them into sets.

Beth said...

It's good to have you back. I'm glad you had fun and that your kitties missed you!

fermicat said...

It's good to be back, except for the going back to work part. I missed the kitties while I was away (and they were getting spoiled by my Mom).

TheWriteGirl said...

Welcome back! It sounds like you had a great time. I remember when I'd come home after being away, the cats would do their best to ignore me, or act like they didn't care. But it didn't take long before they'd be all over me.