Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's good to be back home.


This is what I treated myself to on my last evening in Minneapolis. There is no way I can put this on my expense report, but I don't care. It was fantastic wine and well worth the cost.

The meeting was good. I learned a lot, met a lot of physicists, and have come back with a few research ideas to pursue at work based on information presented at the meeting. But it is damn good to be back home.

Here are a few more images from my week in Minneapolis. I'm not including any from the lumberjack show, which was lots of fun and will be covered in a separate post.





9 comments:

NYPinTA said...

You take a mighty good picture. Glad you had a good time.

wa11z said...

Those are good pics. Especially the first one.

fermicat said...

Thanks, y'all. It is probably a good thing that I took the wine photo before consuming any of it...

tiff said...

lumberjack show? Oh please let it be a Chippendale's spinoff.

Kathleen said...

You took a picture of a beer sign for us! How sweet of you!

dr sardonicus said...

The art of the beer sign is definitely an up-North thing. Thanx for the pics.

fermicat said...

tiff - the crowd did cheer one of them on to taking off his shirt. The scenery was excellent. It definitely warrants a separate post.

kat and dr s - that beer sign was too good to resist. It looked wired for light, but was not lit up later that night. I was disappointed.

Beth said...

You are an EXCELLENT photographer. The first pic looked like an ad. I can't believe you took it. I can't drink wine. Turns to vinegar in my mouth. Blech.

I'm glad you're home and happy to be there!

TheWriteGirl said...

A week in Minneapolis -- it sounds like the name of a Neil Simon comedy. Glad you had a good time and how cool that you came home with ideas for research projects!