Monday, July 02, 2007

Hard Times in the Cat House

All is not well in the house of three cats.


Silvio is a cute little guy, but it was not very cute when he peed on the bed this morning. On the quilt that I made for PDM by hand. That is not all that washable. *sigh*


Zima has lost her voice. Friday she could say "Meow." By Sunday all she could do was croak a staccato "Maa." I took her to the vet today. There was no obvious cause, so we have to watch her over the next few days.


Moxy is very unsettled. She "plays with" Silvio, sort of. But mostly she watches his every move like a hawk. I don't think she cares much for being a "middle child". She is curious and interested in Silvio, but jealous at the same time.

9 comments:

LL said...

I never like to hear about dissention in a cathouse, but...

Ummm... has it led to a catfight? :lech:

Beth said...

Silvio is so adorable. What pictures! I hope all the cat problems get sorted out. My mother's cat, Mrs. Tibbs, lost her voice. She kind of squawks. In her case, it just stayed that way though and there wasn't anything physically wrong with her. She's weird to hear though.

fermicat said...

LL - I knew you'd like that post title.

beth - I'm sure it will get better. I'm still hoping Moxy and Silvio will be friends. Maybe when he's a little bigger and (from Moxy's perspective) less bratty.

LL said...

How could I pass that up without everyone thinking less of me? :P

fakies said...

Don't worry, LL, I couldn't think less of you. ;P

After nearly stepping in puke yesterday morning, I'd say one cat is more than enough for me.

Natalie said...

Kittens are so lucky they are cute or none of them would reach adulthood. I guess that's evolution at its finest.

As for the group dynamic, it'll take awhile. As long as they're not fighting per se that's a really good sign. It might end up being that Moxy and Silvio just mildly tolerate each other. Who knows how they'll wind up being but at least you gave Silvio a loving home.

LL said...

"Don't worry, LL, I couldn't think less of you. ;P"

Awwwww... that's so sweet.


Erm... waitaminute.

TheWriteGirl said...

Silvio is too cute for words. And I love his name. As for the peeing on the quilt, well, like magnetbabe said, it's lucky for them they're so cute otherwise they'd never get away with it. My lovely jacquard comforter cover is full of little pulls where Sweetie licked it. Yes, she used to love to lick cloth. There was nothing I could do to make her stop other than keep her out of the bedroom (yeah, right). So even though she's gone now, I still have bits of her handiwork all around the house. Mostly likely though, Silvio will grow out of that behavior.

fermicat said...

He hasn't peed there again, so maybe it was a one time thing. He did, however, barf up some cat food on the bed last night.