Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday FlowerBlogging


I'm giving the CatBlogging a break today, since I have had several cat-related posts of late*. In addition to cats, I also like to photograph plants and flowers. This petunia has fantastic color and texture. Those water spots look like a constellation. Other than cropping, the original photo was not modified. (And no, Beth, I am not at all implying that I am in any way like a petunia. It's just a pretty photo subject.)

I'm off work today as comp time for the nights and weekends I've been putting in. I plan to buy the food for the party and clean up so our friends won't know how messy the house usually is. In spite of the mountain of housework, I'm sure I will still find time to goof off and read your blogs. I'm also planning on sleeping until mid-morning, or at least until Silvio gets restless and wakes me up. Once PDM gets home he wants to make the sauces and marinades for the party menu, then we'll probably do our regular Friday stuff. The pub, dinner, then watch (or record) Monk, Psych, and Doctor Who.

*Zima went to the vet today. I'll get her test results tomorrow, and she was sent home with an array of kitty drugs to help her feel better. Have you ever given a cat medicine? It is not a fun experience. I'll be doing it twice a day for the next week or so.

7 comments:

dr sardonicus said...

I have much experience with giving cats medicine. If you can, avoid pills and try to give them liquids.

Tara, the last of our brood (she's 19) gets a thyroid medicine that's rubbed on the inside of her ear twice a day. This is the first time I've seen a cat enjoy taking medicine. Especially if you tell Tara how beautiful she is while you rub her ears.

LL said...

Enjoy the downtime fermi.

Kelly said...

The word Lush came to mind when first saw the photo. I really like this.

wa11z said...

Yeah, Fermi is a lush. Pretty pic.

fermicat said...

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.

TheWriteGirl said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! Lush, gorgeous and fabulous. You've inspired me - I think I'm going to take my camera out to do some flowerblogging this weekend.

Kathleen said...

You poor poor woman. Yes, I have given cats drugs and it is so not a good time. I hope that PDM helps you because it's easier with four hands than two!