Thursday, May 17, 2007

Go see 'Waitress'. You won't be sorry.


Went to see Waitress tonight with a friend. It was a very good movie, and I am not just saying so because it stars Nathan Fillion. But you don't have to take my word for it - this movie rates 90% fresh on the Tomatometer!

I laughed. I cried. Now I really want some pie. And the movie's pie names are part of the fun:

I Don’t Want Earl’s Baby Pie
Kick In The Pants Pie
Pregnant Miserable Self Pitying Loser Pie
I Can’t Have No Affair Because It’s Wrong And I Don’t Want Earl To Kill Me Pie
Falling In Love Pie

Like I said, the movie really made me want pie. And Nathan Fillion. ;-)

7 comments:

Beth said...

I saw Nathan on Pinta's blog doing an interview for the film. It looks good, but I wasn't sure if the humor was realistic or cheesy. I'm glad to get this review. Thanks!

Beth said...

Oh, and I went to my grocery store looking for cream of tartar and they didn't have any. Where do I get it? Thanks.

fermicat said...

Parts of the movie were predictable, but it was well done. The romance with Nathan wasn't the be-all, end-all of the movie. It was more about the bonds between the women.

Cream of tartar should be either in the spice section or possibly the baking section of the grocery store. It is a fine white powder and comes in little spice jars.

Kelly said...

Yeah I just saw a preview for it the other day. There are a lot of good movies I want to see.

LL said...

Ewwww... Ick!

Is the girl at least worth looking at?


:ewink:

Beth said...

I like chick flicks, even when they're predictable ... as long as the acting is believable. I'm going to look again for the tartar. My supermarket is huge and well-stocked, so I must have missed it.

Kathleen said...

Oooh, Nathan Fillion... *sigh*

I wonder if it's showing around here....MUST.SEE.NATHAN!