Monday, May 21, 2007

Be My Monkey

I spent some time outside when I got home from work today. As usual, it was a pretty day, and I like to putz around in the yard, just doing whatever. Zima put on quite the show in the catnip patch (pictures to be posted later!), so I ended up watching her roll around in a catnip-induced haze of bliss. I got back into the house and started on the newspaper, then fired up the laptop to catch up on the internet. A few times I think I feel something in my hair, but I had it pulled back in a ponytail today and figured that was causing the unusual feeling. I reached up and didn't feel anything alarming, so I put it out of my mind.

Fast forward to an hour or so later, as PDM and I are on our way to get supper. I'm driving and we're almost at the pub when once again, I feel something weird in my hair. And it feels like it's moving. Only this time, I see the top of my head in the rear view mirror (yes, I was driving), and it is a BUG!! I mildly flip out trying to get it the hell out of my hair. Yes, while I was driving. It was a hairy couple of seconds, pun intended. I think I got it out with my wild gesticulating, but I was not sure, and this made me nervous.

"PDM," I say, "you've got to look and see if I got that bug out as soon as we get there."

"What? Like a monkey?" He replies, mimicking the monkey act of picking bugs out of another monkey's fur and eating them. (Ha, ha. He's funny like that.)

"Yes," I tell him. "I'm asking you to be my monkey." I have a straight face, and I am going to hold him to it.

He didn't find any bugs. We had a nice dinner, and got home in plenty of time to watch the season finale of Heroes: "How To Stop An Exploding Man. (Which was AWESOME and we loved it! There is something worse than Sylar - holy cow!!! And Peter and Nathan.... oh noooooooo.) But anyway. I wish I knew how to stop my skin from crawling. A bug - ick! And even worse, that little sucker hitched a ride in there for over an hour. Double ick!!

And this means that there is a hair-infesting bug in my car. This is a problem. Crap!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Thanks, now I have that bug crawling on the back of my neck feeling.

LL said...

Bah... It's not like it's crawled in your ear when you went to bed or anything... :P

A buddy of mine told a tale of being in a lecture hall in college when all of a sudden this kid jumps up and yells for no reason. The kid looks around and sees everyone in the class staring at him and says, "It's cool, it's cool. Just had a spider run up my arm." Then he sat back down.

wa11z said...

Wish I could have been in the car next to you. I think it would have been funny to watch with no sound. :)

NYPinTA said...

I had a spider run across the dash of my car once. Nearly gave me a coronary! I squished him with the cuff of my jacket. Another time I had a cricket on the dash of my car. He was down by the window right in front of me. I had to stop the car because I was worried he'd jump at my face and I'd react badly- right into another car. So, I hopped out of the car and spent a few mintues dancing around trying to figure out how to get it out of there. A couple of people stopped, thinking I had car trouble. Gave them a good laugh when I told them the real reason I was stopped.

BC said...

The only thing I have ever had in the car with me was some bugs that flew in when I had the window down. But they are all dead on the back dash. No I dont drive that fast.