Monday, November 03, 2008

Hopes and Fears

It is Election Eve. I've already done my part -- I waited in line for one hour and forty five minutes early last Thursday morning to cast my ballot during Georgia's "advance voting" period. PDM did the same later in the day and waited for two hours and twenty five minutes. That is a lot of time to wait in line to cancel each other's vote!! But only on the top of the ticket. I would be willing to bet that we had a lot of the same choices on the ballot initiatives and other down-ballot items. We're pretty much on the same page about local issues.

I am a high information voter. I've read a lot of articles and blog posts over the last year, from a lot of different sources. The general flavor of the arguments is that Obama supporters tell you why you should vote for Obama, and McCain supporters tell you why you should vote against Obama. It is hope versus fear. The classic battle. Well, you know what? I'll take hope over fear any day. If that means I'm "drinking the koolaid", then pass the pitcher.

7 comments:

dr sardonicus said...

Republicans have nothing left. All they can do is tell you to vote against Obama, because not even they can argue for their policies with a straight face anymore.

Natalie said...

Amen, sister! Its a long time to wait to cancel each other out. But if you are like me, it doesn't matter. Casting that vote is worth it.

Beth said...

:::clucking my glass on the bar:::

Personally, I feel like the people who watched America go down the fecking tubes the last 8 years and who are STILL voting McCain who are drinking the koolaid, but hey Obama koolaid? Oh yeah, I'll drink up.

Jenn said...

the important thing is that everyone got out and voted. This is a close election.

fermicat said...

I ditched the koolaid for some celebratory single malt tonight. :-)

Kathleen said...

Amen...w/o hope we have nothing.

fermicat said...

kat - I agree.