Sunday, February 03, 2008

2 Quarts Will Drive You Kooky


Looking up the "Keep On Truckin'" logo for the last post made me think of wacky packages, another of my 1970s childhood memories. These were trading cards that had parodies of common product logos on them. Not sure why that particular memory should surface, but I had a Kook-Aid tee shirt that was a favorite. I didn't realize that Topps started making wacky packages again a few years ago. If you remember the 70s editions fondly, they are set to release a series of "Flashback" wacky packs this month. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to get a new Kook-Aid tee shirt...

11 comments:

Debo Blue said...

Hey Fermi, do they still make the pop rocks? Those sweet things that crackled in your mouth?

Your 70's theme made me think of them, among others.

fermicat said...

I loved pop rocks, but haven't seen any in ages.

LL said...

Oh yeah... they're still out there. Available in many flavors at your finest of convenience stores...

I too remember the wacky packages. Some of them were actually fairly disgusting...

Beth said...

I love nostalgia. Looking back at 70's stuff. I still have my first doll from 1971 and she still talks.

Jim Donahue said...

I loved these when I was growing up.

fermicat said...

beth - the 70s defined my childhood, and the 80s defined my teenage years. We had a lot of crazy fun back then.

jim - pop rocks, or wacky packs? I spent many a week's allowance on both...

TheWriteGirl said...

I remember those cards! I probably wouldn't have thought about them again for the rest of my life if you hadn't mentioned them. Thanks! They were really fun.

fermicat said...

TWG - glad I could help!

Kathleen said...

Oh, fun! Wacky packages were fun - not that we ever got them, but I'd see the other kids' at school.

MJW said...

On a much wackier note... ;-)

Anonymous said...

I miss all that stuff. :D Kids today would think we were weird. LOL