Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Return of the Toasters


That's right! After what has seemed like a very long wait, Battlestar Galactica is back on the air tomorrow night. We get a two-hour double feature to start the new season, following an all new ep of Doctor Who, which premiered last week. [I'm still getting used to the new Doctor, but I think I will like him. "New Earth" was a good episode, and I loved what they did with the ending.] And Battlestar has far exceeded my expectations in its first two seasons. I've managed to stay spoiler-free and can't wait to see where they take the series this time. I'm just glad to have real "Sci-Fi Fridays" back, because the summer sci-fi fare was weak and we ended up just watching Monk and Psych most of the time. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

While I'm being an unpaid PR rep for the SciFi Channel, I might as well mention the fact that they have ordered thirteen more episodes of Eureka, to air next summer. I thought Eureka was fresh and fun, so I'm happy it's coming back.

Everyone have a great weekend, and don't forget to watch all the new sci-fi!!! [Or if you're not nerdy enough to stay home and make an event of it like we will, don't forget to program the recording device of your choice.]

One last thing: If you don't understand the post title - it's because you are missing out on one of the best science fiction television shows that are currently in production. The "toasters" are what you see standing behind the humans and/or human-looking Cylons in the image above. The jury's still out on some of 'em.

6 comments:

wa11z said...

Man I wish I had Sci-Fi Channel! Have to wait for the dvds.

LL said...

Meh... I dunno about you sometimes fermi...

fermicat said...

I know my sci-fi, and this is the real thing.

NYPinTA said...

They were airing a marathon of BSG today at lunch. Better then a soap opera! ;)

fakies said...

I've never watched it, but I intend to get caught up on DVDs.

Anonymous said...

You do know I am a toaster don't you (Shelli Godfrey)! OK, not really :(
Too bad I don't look anything like the one that shares my name.
Last night's episode was pretty darn good! -- Sci Fi geek born and bred.