Thursday, October 19, 2006

A few more

Here are a few more pics from Jekyll Island:


Surely they're joking! This was at the edge of the South Dunes picnic area. We didn't see any gators.


The bike trails were lovely, and spanned the island. This rail runs through the center of the island. Development is strictly limited on Jekyll, so there are plenty of beautiful and wild areas like this one.


I've never seen a maple tree with spanish moss hanging in it. Looks weird.


I almost ran over this little creature on the bike trail near the driftwood beach.


There were a lot of monarchs flitting around the island.

2 comments:

fermicat said...

Yeah, it was a little freaky when it turned its head to look at me.

Anonymous said...

Gables (my live-in predator aka cat) brought in a praying mantis that big this morning...I released it back outside hopefully no worse for the wear.
Jekyll is really nice, I grew up going there on occasion as my grandmother lives right nearby in Brunswick...Glad you guys had a great trip!