Tuesday, May 04, 2010

First Annual CritterBlogging Week!!

After posting the snake photos, I've decided to make this whole week a CritterBlogging Extravaganza. No cats, just critters. Today's installment: "Hang In There"

Hang in there!

No doubt the cats had something to do with this chipmunk's predicament. It was clinging to my house for over an hour. No worries... we rescued it. And promptly found another one in the back yard treed by the feline tag team of Zima and Silvio. Zima was fully prepared to wait it out, but I called off the dogs... erm, I mean, cats.

5 comments:

Dave said...

"No cats." From LL's point of view, they were prominent in the story.

Jenn said...

Much better than the snake! LOL. Look internet! Posted pic's from Doc S's work of the Cumbie river. I have about 6-10 more to download ...

fermicat said...

Dave - integral to the story, but not in the photo. I think LL will be OK with that.

Jenn - oh, but Pythagoras is so cute. I checked on him today, and he is doing well. No shortage of bugs where he's camped out. He should eat well. Will check out your pics.

fakies said...

He is so cute! We don't have any chipmunks around my house. And the possum in the back yard is not NEARLY that cute.

fermicat said...

They're super cute until the cats get hold of 'em. Then... not so much.

I usually see the resident possum under my bird feeder at night. Poor thing just scuttles around looking for scraps of whatever.