Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Disappointed doesn't even begin to cover it.

What is with Georgia Tech and bowl games?!?

It is nearly midnight. I've got a wine/beer buzz that is sure to cause problems tomorrow morning and NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. Why can't my team win a frelling bowl game? Ever? I can't remember the last time that happened. Hell, we cannot even win a damn basketball game against an inferior opponent.

In the next few weeks all of our promising juniors will announce that they are going pro. Guaran-damn-teed. We'll be left with a 'rebuilding year'. Yup.

Damn, damn, damn.

I should be used to being disappointed, but somehow it still smarts.

3 comments:

LL said...

Ehhhhhhhhhhh... fermi.

They just stacked the line and you couldn't throw it effectively.

But... look on the bright side. At least you made the Orange Bowl... and had an excuse to drink midweek.

Jeni said...

Been there, done that a goodly number of times too. Fortunately for me, for my team, this year we came away the winners! YAY! Roar Lions Roar, ya know. But it was right down to the wire and a nail-biter too -so close, too damned close for that comfort zone I prefer.
Think positively now that they will regroup so and perhaps, come out even stronger next year because of that.

fermicat said...

LL - I don't need an excuse to drink midweek! But thankfully no hangover today. Just woke up tired and still mad. Time will heal. 11 wins is pretty damn good. And you are right. Iowa's D was the best we faced all season and our guys just weren't big enough to counter.

Jeni - we haven't won a bowl since 2004. Got to a better bowl this year, but still lost. Leaves a bitter taste in our mouths. But I am a Tech fan, life-long, and I know by now that they will always break your heart. Sometimes when you least expect it. I still love 'em though.