Friday, February 13, 2009

Feline Alarm Clock?

This week, I bring you.... cat-related Friday catblogging having nothing to do with my cats, other than the fact that mine are annoying in the morning also, but so far have not resorted to the same drastic measures as Simon's cat to wake us up. Mostly because we free-feed them, so our presence is not required in order for them to eat breakfast. If it was, we'd never have any rest.

The posting drought (other than catblogging and a sentence here or there about basketball) is almost over. I have several half-written posts rattling around in my brain just waiting to bust out. Things have been happening. Oh yes. Nefarious things. My workplace is going all Dilberty on me, and I have an anti-Valentine's Day themed post in mind for next week. And that's just for starters. But I promise not to break out that "25 random things" crap that is going around on Facebook. Which I am still not on. For now.

13 comments:

LL said...

*sigh*

Dianne said...

I'm on Facebook by accident - lol - but never go there - the whole thing is so annoying

Hugs to the cats -

fermicat said...

LL - oh, come on. This is damn funny.

Dianne - I am sure that it is inevitable. My sister is on there. Soon, my Mom probably will be.

Jenn said...

OH your joining the ranks of NYPINTA and abdonning us here at blogger. Thanks.

Beth said...

Hilarious! I used to have a cat very much like the one in the video. I loved how the cat toys were all around the room.

I don't get Facebook. I have no desire to hook up with people I know once upon a time. If I wanted to still know them, we wouldn't have "lost touch."

I'm in a drought as well. (posting wise)

fermicat said...

Red - I haven't joined... yet. But it seems like I am the only human on the planet that hasn't.

Beth - I'm afraid it would take up a lot of my time. That is mostly why I haven't done it. I already spend too much time on the internet.

dr sardonicus said...

Man, what you said about Facebook is the truth - if I wanted to get in touch with all those people I knew once upon a time, I never would have lost touch with them to begin with. One of my nieces wants me to get a Facebook or My Space page - I told her that she knows where my blog is.

If you didn't get up to feed Maltese breakfast, he would get up in bed and bite you on the nose.

fermicat said...

I dread the day we cannot free feed. If we ever have to put any of the cats on a special diet, a not unlikely scenario given the age of Zima and Silvio's urinary troubles, then they'll start waking us up demanding their breakfasts.

Kathleen said...

Hmm, if you're not on Facebook how do you know about the 25 Random Things doohickey that is going around it? I gave in 12 days ago. When the BAB was on Facebook, I figured I better give in to avoid being called a Luddite.

The funny thing is that not one single person from high school or grade school has attempted to friend me. I'm hoping that says something about them and not me. ;-)

Kathleen said...

And oh yes, it is an amazing time-waster.

fermicat said...

Kat - time waster? That's what I'm afraid of. But I seem to be missing out on a lot of people I know who hang out there. Oh well.

NYPinTA said...

Heh. I sometimes feel like that's what my cats do to me when I don't get up when they want me to. Misty loves poking me in the face while Stanley loves walking all over me. Thank god neither of them can wield a baseball bat.

PS I'm not going anywhere.

fermicat said...

NYPinTA - we'd all be in trouble if cats could wield a bat...