Saturday, December 16, 2006

Panties on the Sidewalk.

I drug myself out of bed relatively early this fine Saturday morning in order to finish Christmas shopping, because it had to be done. The stuff's gotta be mailed on Monday. A few exhausting hours and hundreds of dollars later, PDM and I were done and treated ourselves to lunch at Thai Spice. All of this occurred in an outdoor mall. It was a great day to be outside - clear, sunny and unseasonably warm, even for Atlanta. On the way back to the car, we noticed a pair of black silk panties lying on the sidewalk. This was the weirdest thing I can recall seeing on a sidewalk, well, ever. How did they get there, and why? Did someone buy a new pair and decide to wear them out of the store (something that Jeff Foxworthy claims is very common among rednecks - buying something and wearing it out of the store)? Perhaps the lady was simply too hot in our balmy 70 degree weather and decided to shed some unnecessary clothing. Or lost a bet. I suspect there was some naughtiness involved. Someone is going to get a lump of coal in their fishnet stockings this Christmas. Santa is still watching, you know.

6 comments:

LL said...

Well...

Did you take them home with you? I mean, after all... they are silk.

fermicat said...

Ick!!!!!!!

TheWriteGirl said...

Oh, the wonderful scenarios you could invent! I take it that said panties did not still have tags attached?

fermicat said...

I didn't see any, but wasn't about to pick them up or anything.

fakies said...

My BIL's sister once had her slip fall off in a department store. She was so embarrassed that she just stepped out of it and kept walking. Perhaps someone needed a smaller panty size.

fermicat said...

They looked pretty small to begin with...