Thursday, February 08, 2007

I'm With Stupid

I’m stupid. All my friends here at work are stupid too.

We learned this last Friday at the staff meeting, when our administrator told us so; not once, but several times. What she actually said is that anyone who didn’t get a flu shot this year was stupid. After the third or fourth time she repeated it, I began to wonder if she had some sort of financial stake in getting all of us vaccinated. It was strange. One thing is for sure -- she doesn’t read the Weekly Thoughtful Reminder either.

And for the record, we’re not stupid. We’re lazy. There is a difference. I don’t have anything against the flu shot. I just couldn’t be bothered to walk over to Employee Health and get one.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I spent sixteen years at a mid-sized law firm, ten as a parter. You haven't lived till you've attended a meeting of 12 lawyer/ partners who are all trained to cross-exam and nitpick. I actually used to get depressed at New Years, anticipating the annual resdistribution of points (ownership interest) meeting and the spring retreat (touchy-feely bonding just doesn't work with lawyers).

Since leaving to practice solo, decisions are easy, yes?, no? Ok, that's over with, lets go to the bar.

fakies said...

Wow, Dave. You've made me glad we only have two lawyers in our office.

I don't get a flu shot and I don't care who knows it. The one time I did, I ended up with the flu immediately and wanted to die. Never again.

Dave said...

There's an old joke that goes something like why does even the smallest town need at least two lawyers? To drum up business. Never could tell a joke.

Kathleen said...

I'm not stupid or lazy, although I guess some people might argue the stupid part, but I don't believe in the flu shot. It's fine for people who work in hospitals (oops) or have compromised immune systems, but I figure with my luck I'd end up with the damn flu from the damn shot, just like Trina.