Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Under Construction

I temporarily removed all my sidebar items last week when I posted about Big Daddy's death. They seemed too distracting and frivolous to occupy the same space as such a post, and were easy enough to get rid of. But now I am thinking this is a good opportunity to clean up my template and make some of the changes I have been meaning to do for a long time. So my blog will keep the plain Jane look for a while longer until I get everything the way I want it. Not sure how long that will take. Now that daylight savings time has kicked in, I am more likely to work or relax outside when I get home from work than to spend much time on my computer.

It isn't just my blog that is undergoing some construction. We just signed a contract to have a screened in porch built where our patio is now. This time we were smart enough to hire somebody rather than to try it on our own. Photos to follow, of course.

And no, the bathroom is not yet finished. PDM wants you to know that my use of "we" when I have discussed this project is misleading, as he is doing nearly all of the work these days.

10 comments:

LL said...

BUT THINK OF THE POOR MOSQUITOS!

Take all the time you need fermi dear. But once you get that screened porch... I fear we'll never hear from you again!

MJW said...

I've always been one for having an uncluttered, simple look, so I like the present appearance (although my traitorous eyes are fond of slightly lighter backgrounds ;-).

You know, if you were to buy a MacBook Pro (or even a MacBook Air) and a wireless router, if you don't already have one, you could blog from your new screened patio.

I'm just sayin'. ;-)

Dianne said...

I'm saving up for a laptop, I love to work (or blog)outside.

We're thinking of closing up the carport and making a sun room or whatever they call it.

Enjoy decorating your blog :)

Beth said...

This takes me back in so many ways. I don't know what to say. I know everything you read/hear at this point seems so little and meaningless. I'd like to think people like your Big Daddy are entertaining in the heavens now, pain-free and happy as a clam, healthy as a horse too!

dr sardonicus said...

I hate fooling with my template; that is why my blog looks the way it does.

I hope all is well with you and your family.

tiff said...

Sorry to hear about BD's passing. Sneding good thoughts your way as you go through several reconstructions at once!

TheWriteGirl said...

Ahh, a screened in porch. How lovely, to be outside and inside at the same time. I'm very pleased for you. It will be a wonderful addition. I look forward to the pix. And wow, will the cats love it out there!

fermicat said...

ll - they'll survive... unfortunately. I do most of my blogging and blog visiting from my laptop, so I will still be around.

mw - we have wireless and I have the laptop, even if it is just a PC. And now an old one at that. The background color is one of the things I was looking at changing slightly.

dianne - one of the things I enjoyed about my time back in grad school (the second time around, in 2004-05) was sitting out on a park bench and using my laptop to access Tech's wireless LAN. Very cool!

beth - the news wasn't unexpected, and I have no doubt that Big Daddy is in a better place now.

dr s - thanks for your sentiments.

tiff - I appreciate it.

fermicat said...

twg - yes, especially Silvio, who isn't allowed outside yet.

NYPinTA said...

I like the new layout.
I wish I had a house to tinker with and add screened in porches and sky lights and ... everything.
:)