Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Return of Naked Sunday

Remember my post about a Dutch gym's upcoming 'Naked Sunday'? Well, last Sunday they really did it. Warning - Link contains a photo showing sweaty naked guys working out on machines, so potentially NSFW (or small children, or people with ass crack phobias).

I'm sure it will not surprise you to learn that there were no women participating in this little event. It may have had something to do with the small army of reporters who showed up wielding cameras, microphones, and TV crews. "It's spectacular!" cried one enthusiastic participant. Another says "it just feels better ... with your clothes off."

They went so far as to have a ribbon-cutting ceremony for this thing! With town council participation. I find that terribly amusing.

Not everyone thinks this is a good idea. Some people have quit their gym membership in disgust. Apparently I am not the only one who would not want to use equipment that has hosted someone else's sweaty bare ass, towel or seat cover notwithstanding. I'm not sure which is worse -- the sanitation issue, or having to see jiggly naked flesh everywhere you look. Oh, the horror!

In spite of the minor setback of a few cancellations, the gym plans to go boldly forward with more Naked Sundays, and predicts a bigger crowd next week after all the publicity. Maybe the naked exercisers will finally outnumber the journalists. Or some chicks will show up.

3 comments:

fakies said...

I should have never clicked the link. In fact, I don't think I'll ever be able to work out again.

fermicat said...

Don't say you weren't warned... :P

LL said...

"I don't think I'll ever be able to work out again"

There's a shocker.

And why is it that nudists are the very people that you never want to see nude?